Try to contain your excitement, everyone – IT’S A LIST!
I’m sure your heart is racing with anticipation.
1. A few days ago we had a little Southern show-down in terms of polite ways to decline invitations. If you’ll recall, the whole thing started because my mother-in-law said that she couldn’t come for a visit because she had to take her recently widowed friend Rubena to eat fried catfish at the church.
Y’all came up with some classics in the comments, no doubt about it; and the four people I asked to judge all picked a different winner. As a result, I had to pick based on how many times a person’s name was mentioned in the voting – which means that our winner is Clemntine. So, Miss Clemntine, email me your address, and I’ll order you a copy of this book!
Y’all’s responses were hilarious, by the way – some gen-u-wine bloggity treasure.
2. For a week or so I’ve wanted to recommend a new blog to y’all, but it’s a little outside my normal reading fare because it’s for the menfolk. It’s called My Best Investments, and I think it’s a funny, family-friendly daddy blog. So pass on the link to the men in your life – I really think they’ll get a kick out of it.
3. Don’t forget that Chris at Notes from the Trenches will be having a prize drawing at the end of this week for all the people who donated to the For Heather love offering. If you click here, you’ll see instructions for how you can sign up (if you haven’t already).
4. Today the four year old beat his daddy at Wii bowling for the first time. Which means that there was MUCH! SCREAMING! because OH! HE DID IT! YAY! AND HE! WAS! SO! EXCITED!
5. There was a snake in our backyard this afternoon.
It’s a shame, really, because we have so enjoyed being outside lately, and now we will NEVER LEAVE OUR HOUSE AGAIN.