Oh, internets. I do apologize.
It was never my intention to leave you hanging about the whole yellow fever vaccination thing. In fact, I was going to write about it over the weekend, set it to auto-post, and thereby make sure that all the yellow fever vaccination news that’s fit to print was ready and waiting for you first thing this morning.
But then my daddy WENT AND GOT SICK (one of my favorite Southern expressions), landed himself in hospital (one of my favorite British expressions, neveryoumind that I’m not British, because that is merely a technicality), and now the little man and I are about to make an unexpected trip to Mississippi so that we can see the patient and stay with Mama for a couple of days.
In other words: the best-laid plans, etc.
And y’all will appreciate this: Saturday night Daddy was in a tremendous amount of pain, the kind of pain that looks at over-the-counter pain medication and laughs maniacally, and when Mama suggested that they get to a doctor (aye, and quickly), Daddy told her that he couldn’t possibly go to the doctor because he was supposed to 1) sing in church Sunday morning, 2) count the collection after church, and C) serve as a pallbearer at a friend’s funeral today.
He couldn’t HOLD UP HIS HEAD, of course, but by diggity he had commitments. And he planned on keeping them. Yes ma’am he did.
So in the interest of GETTING ON THE ROAD, ALREADY, I’m going to temporarily take the easy way out and offer you some information in a lovely list format:
1) I need the yellow fever vaccination because I’m going to Africa in February.
2) Yes, I said Africa.
3) Yes! Really! Africa!
4) Specifically: Uganda.
5) And I’m going with Compassion International.
6) And I am so stinkin’ excited and nervous and excited and scared and excited.
7) I’m also tickled to death because Shannon is going, too.
8) And if you want more details sooner as opposed to later, you can click right here and read Shannon’s beautifully-written post.
9) I promise I’ll write more later.
10) But I really do have to leave now.
11) And if you think about it, please say a prayer for my daddy.
12) I believe that is all.