Alert. This blog has been hijacked by the man called BooDaddy.
As I know how much you enjoy a list, I thought it only fitting that in honor of your 39th birthday today, I would let you know 39 reasons why I love you:
1. That even though you grew up in Mississippi, you didn’t realize that the Mississippi River formed the state’s western border until you were almost 30. (See also the Target “circles.”)
2. That you allowed me to get a yellow lab. And then let us also keep the abandoned stray mutt that wandered to our house a few months later.
3. That you were so loving with our aforementioned puppies that I knew you would be an awesome mom.
4. That you prove me correct on a daily basis (see #3) with Boo.
5. That you never complain when I stay up late playing Xbox with friends.
6. That you NEVER NAG me about anything.
7. In the 11 years we have been married you have never given me a to do list. Not one single time.
8. You love to keep a pretty house. (Yet somehow do not have this same compulsion about your car-but I guess that’s another list entirely.)
9. That you love your friends and are fiercely loyal to them.
10. That you can enter a situation and immediately know how to handle it (which comes in handy with a husband who has been known to fly off the handle a time or two).
11. That you appreciate my ability to fix things around the house.
12. That when I suggested it might be a good idea for you to find a hobby you took up blogging.
13. That you have never brought the laptop into the bedroom. And that is saying something since it has been in EVERY OTHER room in the house. [Or for that matter the fact that you can tell where the WiFi drops out in our front and back yard.]
14. That you love your brother and sister and speak with them daily.
15. That you have given me not only your brother and sister but their spouses as well.
16. That you love the beach almost as much as I do.
17. That you only rearrange furniture every couple of years. (First, you have a completely different disposition during the process and second, I am like a cat in that I will try and sit where I am used to sitting without regard for where I might land.)
18. That you love my friends.
19. That you make THE BEST country fried steak, gravy, mac and cheese and butterbeans in the world. And I should know.
20. That you know #19 is my all time favorite meal and surprise me with it every month or so.
21. That you can flat out cook.
22. Christ. Africa. Compassion. ‘Nuff said.
23. That you have MANY friends and can tell me exactly what is happening with each one of them at any given time.
24. That you know how to counter my arguments. (Note: not always appreciated during the argument, but definitely appreciated after I have had time to come to my senses.)
25. Your loyalty and devotion to Mentholatum. I have never met a person more devoted to a single product.
26. The sound of your laugh.
27. Your unbridled love of football.
28. Specifically the SEC.
29. Especially Mississippi State.
30. Your ability to leave work, run by the Stein Marts, go to the grocery store, and come home without breaking your cell phone conversation with [insert friend name here].
31. That you don’t not use your mastery certifucate in ANGleash to correct my grammertical mistooks (even though I am sure you are noting my mistakes in this birthday list as you are reading it.)
32. Your continual insistence that you can dye your own hair.
33. That you always take the puppies out for their last walk of the day.
34. Your love of Jan Hooks, Christopher Guest movies, Kristen Wigg, and The Office.
35. That you make both me and Boo laugh on a daily basis.
36. That you remembered to get your oil changed this week. (Wait a second. This may be more of a subtle hint.)
37. Three words: homemade chocolate pie.
38. That you LOVE a bargain and have an innate ability to hunt one down.
39. That you love me.
I apologize for covertly finding out a way to hijack your blog. (Whatup BigMama!) But I just felt that this list needed to be published so that all could know how special I think you are.
I love you,