Tropicana Juicy Rewards – Post 6

This is a compensated review by BlogHer and Tropicana.

A couple of weeks ago my friend Melanie and I took our kids to the beach for a few days. We were looking forward to spending a whole lot of time on the beach and in the Gulf, but once the oil spill started moving in in the direction of northwest Florida, we knew we’d better have a little bit of a back-up plan in terms of how we were going to spend our days.

Before we left home we checked the Juicy Rewards site to see if there were any nearby family fun centers/amusement parks where we could entertain the kids in light of bad weather or, you know, OIL. There was actually a really nice arcade/putt-putt/go-kart place just a few miles from our condo, so we redeemed points, printed out coupons, and figured we’d head that way at some point during our beach trip.

We had two great days on the beach, but by the third afternoon, the tar had started to roll in. So the next morning, we grabbed our coupons, sunscreened the kids, and headed out to play a little putt-putt. My expectations weren’t very high, but I figured if nothing else our excursion would be good for killing some time.

Much to my surprise, we had a BLAST. We used buy-one-get-one rewards for putt-putt and go-karts, and those rewards made a huge difference in our overall cost. The place where we went was super-nice, really kid-friendly, and a great diversion in the midst of more than a little sadness about what was happening in the Gulf. It was as hot as blue blazes on the putt-putt course, so the air-conditioned arcade (with Icees!) was a balm for our sun-scorched souls. We loved the go-karts for big kids and for little kids, and the bumper boats were the perfect way for the kids to cool off at the end of a long day.

Big fun indeed.

It was such a great way to spend the day with our kids, and Melanie and I were so grateful that we remembered to print off the Juicy Rewards coupons before we left home. The memories we made that day will stick with us for a very long time. Just thinking about it makes my heart smile.

What about you? What’s something fun you’ve done with your family this summer? Tell me about it in the comments, and you’ll be entered in a drawing to win a $50 gift card courtesy of BlogHer.

Be sure to visit the other participating bloggers’ reviews on the BlogHer.com special offers page (you have seven chances to win!).

If you haven’t signed up for Juicy Rewards yet, you can earn a free rewards point after you set up your account. Here’s how:

1. Go to http://www.tropicana.com/
2. Set-up your Tropicana Juicy Rewards account
3. Visit the “Enter Codes” page within the site and get started with:
BLOGG-HER11 *
*This one-time use code is valid for new accounts ONLY. Must be entered within 6 hours of creating your account.

You can find more information on the official site, and here’s a link to the official rules.

This giveaway is now closed.

Comments

1. eunice b says:

we’ve enjoyed some campouts in our backyard…haven’t been able to get away due to our planned move 8 hrs away, but that will come, too! :-)

~eunice b
    rsmile2u@ dejazzd .com

2. I won tickets to a cake decorating event and brought my mom as my guest! It was a lot of fun to see the Wilton HQ, and we got a bunch of goodies, too :)

3. Mami2jcn says:

We’ve gone to an indoor water park.

4. We’re currently on a road trip with the in-laws, making the rounds to all the family in North Carolina and Virginia. It’s been taxing, but fun! And I did have my first celebrity encounter when a start from The Office clobbered me in an airport.

5. J. Johnson says:

As we haven’t gone on any trips yet, the most fun thing we’ve done is sleep in past 5:30 a.m.!

6. My daughter and I took a trip with my Mother in Law to Florida and had a blast. We did a bunch of girly stuff and just had a great time! We’re actually going back next week!

7. I’ve worked up enough courage to use the public pool pass that my in-law’s purchased for us for Easter.

8. Don’t know if this counts, but I’m baking another bun in the oven… I thought about putting something about making a baby but then realized that would be too scandalous for a family place such as this.

9. Although the kids don’t get out of school until Friday, we’ve had a great time teaching them to waterski on the weekends.

10. We bought a big blowup waterslide at the end of the summer last year, and my kids and their friends have had a blast on it this year!

11. We just bought a sandbox for my nieces and nephews when they come visit this summer. What THEY are looking forward to is going to the waterslide park – we had so much fun there last year!

12. Went to our local library and signed up for their summer reading club.

13. Jennifer says:

Well, we moved on what I think was the hottest day on record. That counts as a summer adventure, right? But there’s a condo somewhere with my name on it!

14. We have a trip to Hershey Park (the sweetest place on earth doncha know) planned for August. :)

15. So far just swimming at my mom’s pool, but we’re going to Myrtle Beach in 10 days!!!

16. Jennifer says:

We celebrated our sweet boy’s second birthday with cake, ice cream, and balloons!

17. Our summer is just starting. The girls’ last day of school was the 9th, and it’s only today stopped raining. Today we’re going to watch a dog/frisbee show at the library. I plan to spend some quality time in the A/C this summer, as I’m a total heat wimp to begin with, and for the first time in my life I’ll be spending August great with child. And I mean great. I’m due in September.

18. Swimming.

19. We spent all of Memorial Day weekend in some body or water or another and plan to do the same this weekend as well. It’s, you know, 1 million degrees in Central Texas so it’s either air conditioning or water! :-)

P.S. The reason we did absolutely NO sun activities the weekend between those I mention is that clearly the sunscreen people MEAN IT when they indicate one should wait 20 minutes for the spray to dry before getting into the water. The sunburn is not an attractive summer look…

20. Shannon says:

Swam! I can’t keep my kids out of the water when it starts to warm up!!

21. Mary Helen says:

We spent Memorial Day weekend at the Hyatt Hill Country in San Antonio and had a ball swimming, golfing, making homemade ice cream and relaxing together as a family!

22. We went to Disney with the family last week. So hot, but so much fun!

23. We had a family reunion a couple weeks ago and we have another in a couple weeks. We also have surprise weekend planned for my grandma’s 75th birthday— It’s s surprise, don’t tell her please.

24. Nothing fun yet this summer but we are booking our tickets today for a mini vacation to Orlando in August for…wait for it…a Star Wars Convention! Yes, my 22 year old son is the biggest Star Wars geek and I;m just happy to be going somewhere!

25. I got to spend a week with my 15 month old nephew! I don’t get to see him too often because he lives in California and I live in Texas. I am excited though because I have a trip planned to see him again in August!:)

26. We went on a picnic yesterday which was a lot of fun until the rain rolled in. We are so excited for a big ole family party this weekend, though!

27. So far, our highlight has been a trip to the mountains on Memorial day for a cookout and a swim in the river, which my daughter LOVED.

28. Haven’t done it yet, but we are going to Busch Gardens in Williamsburg, VA on Sunday. Really excited for my 17 month old daughter to see the Sesame Street characters!

29. Jennifer G says:

We’ve gone to storytime at our local public library!

30. So far our summer has consisted of VBS and sleeping in.

31. We have been doing a lot of swimming and play dates!

32. Charity S. says:

I’m not a video game player, but I’ve started playing the Wii with my son. He couldn’t believe it. His reaction..mom is starting be cool.

33. our kids our still in school so we’re still looking forward to summer fun. i think we’ll spend a lot of time on the sandy shores of lake michigan…

34. Sarah G. says:

We haven’t done much yet, but there will be a water park in our future for sure.

35. Mary Jo says:

My husband is a youth pastor, so my son and I have spent a lot of our summer hanging out with the students at the events my husband plans. It’s been great! :)

36. Melissa says:

We haven’t done too much so far, but there is a water park trip tomorrow w/the middle school youth group and trip to colorado for the sr. high kids. I would really like a day off and sit by the pool, but it’s been raining for a week – maybe soon though!

37. We are leaving on Sunday for a three week road trip! I hope it’s fun. I really, really, really hope it’s fun.

38. Took my 3 yr. old grandson blueberry picking and he loved it! Now we have the fun of creating many different kinds of blueberry yumminess together! I love summer. But I love summer so much more because he is part of it.

39. We have been taking our son Jackson to the pool as often as possible. It wears us all out, but it is so much fun!

40. My kids are all teens. They were absolutely exhausted by the end of the school year. They have had TOO MUCH going on!
    They’ve been really excited to SLEEP IN!
    Something fun that we’ve done? Is go to the movies.
    We rarely have free time to just loaf around wasting time at the movie theatre.

Now…we can start living la vida loco!

41. We take the boat to the lake; fishing, floating, snacking!

42. amelia bedelia says:

does moving to a bigger house count? more space is always fun…

43. We adopted a kitten, so the fun just keeps on coming. :)

44. My hubby had a conference in DC, so I figured the kids and I would take advantage of a free hotel room. The kids and I sightseed (sightsaw?) all over DC while my poor hubby was stuck at a boring accounting conference!

45. Kristen says:

We have been swimming a lot and we had some unexpected family time with my sister, brother-in-law, niece, and nephew. We also have been to our discount movie theater twice!

46. We’ll be on our family vacation July 4 week, at our cabin in W.Va. Great fun swimming, boating, fishing, eating, porch sitting and chit chatting with family.

47. Going to the park and playing with our RC car together.
    cookiesandclogs@gmail.com

48. We’ve made it a Saturday morning tradition to traipse around the Farmer’s Market. It’s been such fun….and so nice to have some fresh fruit and flowers from local growers! Hurrah for summer:)

49. 6+ hours (i couldn’t believe it!) at the california academy of science in san francisco.

50. we’ve been a slippin’ and a slidin’ in the backyard!!!!

trying to stay cool in this panama city heat!

51. We have enjoyed staying up way too late at night and we have enjoyed grilling out on our deck.

52. Christy says:

We spend our weekend at the area race tracks where my brother drives a race car.

53. We went to Sesame Place in Pennsylvania a few weeks ago and HAD A BLAST! I didn’t want to get my hopes up, but it was amazing. Clean, fun and affordable since we bought tickets with a group from our church ($25 per person instead of $53)

54. Breezy's Mom says:

While in Memphis recently, we took our 2 year old daughter to the zoo. She loved it & lasted the whole day.

55. gingela5 says:

My husband and I went to Dallas for a weekend. Relaxed and shopped! Doesn’t get better than that!

56. Heather says:

We got a pool membership for the first time, and even though our ‘summer’ has just started, we have THOROUGHLY enjoyed it! Can’t wait for the rest of the fun times!

57. We went to Disney World!!! It was the first time for our girls and for me to go. We had a great time!!!

58. We have gone out and played frisbee golf

59. we LOVE going on road trips to California

60. This summer we are going to California for a vacation. We hope to do some swimming, going to the beach, and maybe learning to surf ;) Thanks!

61. So far, we’ve hit up the local minor league baseball team for an afternoon game (complete with brats and ballpark franks, of course!) and spent a day at the zoo. Summer has really just begun, so we have lots more to look forward to!

62. Betty N says:

Going to vsit grandchildren and having them visit back is fun this summer

63. This may sound silly, but we are trying to eat dinner outside on the deck everynight. In Seattle, where it has literally been raining since last October, this is no small feat. :)

64. Not much extra money for fun activities so so far we’ve done fun things at home like watch movies together and play board games.

65. Having ice cream for breakfast at Basking Robbins!

66. Blessed Mom says:

We’ve been visiting different ice cream shops in our area.

67. summers are super busy for us because my husband and i both work at a church… so we love weekends (and random days off) spent playing and swimming with our little boy!

68. I just got back from taking my son to the Lego convention in Chicago, what a FUN treat!!

69. So far, mostly just nurse along the 3-year-old’s fractured collar bone! Ouch!

70. We just went to visit family in Tampa. Talk about hot!

71. just spending time outside sipping iced tea

72. I wish we could decide what to do for vacay. I’m almost five months pregnant, and I am out of ideas for things I can do or want to do with this heat!

73. Nothing yet, but in August 25 of us will be sharing a house in Gulf Shores!

74. We’ve hosted some friends and we’re hosting another set of friends this week. Visits to the water park and Purdue campus have been fun passtimes! :)

75. SherryC says:

Between all the softball games, t-ball games and swim team meets we’ve been a little busy.
    We have a free weekend coming up, the kids are trying to talk us into Six Flags. “more heat related activities’ YEA!

76. Elizabeth says:

Rockin’ the stay-cation in the backyard at the kiddie pool! :-)

77. fun pooltime in the backyard!!

78. My hubby and I are currently enjoying a Hawaiian vacation. That is always enjoyable!

79. We cancelled our Gulf Shores vacation due to the oil, but we spent an extra long weekend in Memphis w/ my sister. Fun family times.

80. Vacation Bible School

81. We’ve been going to the neighborhood splash park with friends—free and completely fun!

82. Melissa B. says:

I just got back from a nine-day road trip that consisted of 30+ hours on the road. While there were “un-fun” parts of the trip, we got to visit a lot of different places and see a lot of different friends.

83. Go to the Jersey shore. It is cold this early, but we have a great time!

84. Hmm, so far I’ve gotten two big sunburns from our driving around in my convertible looking at fairly local lakes – Hubs wants to buy a boat or a jet ski. Seatbelt strap tan lines, attractive! I’ve also been planning out how I want to start on some landscaping in our yard, which IS really fun!

85. MaryBeth Schmitt says:

We visited a local amusement park. Also have been building an ark, because it has not stopped RAINING in Minnesota.

86. While my husband was in Guatemala, my daughter and I took a short trip to Grove Park Inn and enjoyed their spa. Wonderful!!

87. colleen Rines says:

went to Sleeping Bear Dunes National Park in upper Michigan with my family. Had so much fun walking the board walk in the dunes and looking at lake Michigan. Beautiful, enjoyable time!

88. We’ve been having some water fun in our backyard this summer. My son plays a game with a bucket and a sponge (and loves refilling said bucket with the hose over and over again) and my daughter loves getting drenched by the sprinkler.

89. We go to the pool almost every day! what else to do in this heat!! Then we go eat ice cream!!!yum

90. apartment-hunted for my daughter. Wait, that’s not fun. But since she just GRADUATED FROM COLLEGE (and MSU at that!) and GOT A JOB!!!!, yeah, it was fun.

91. My kids enjoyed the beach for the first time, this summer. Despite my youngest consuming mass quantities of sand, it was wonderful!

92. Family movie nights outside with a projector and big screen on the side of the shed!

93. planted a small garden…fun watching stuff grow then harvesting and eating it!

94. movies in the air-conditioning!

95. well, we’ve recently gone on a random camping trip to the beach, and next week my parents are helping me move to CA. 3 adults and a small dog in a 3 passenger cab of a 14 ft uhaul truck, 2345 miles of driving! should be an adventure!

96. On Father’s Day, we hit Chocolate World in Hershey, PA!
    We went on the free “factory tour” ride and then saw the 3-D show – fun!
    Free sample of chocolate after both – yum!

97. We love spending time at the ‘lake house’-
    just relaxing. I may bring the grand child up with us – for the first time – next week (her momma is expecting #2 on July 2!)

98. Melissa F says:

So far this summer my family has gone to San Diego. We went to the beach and to Sea World.

99. We just set up a smallish pool in the backyard, and my little ones (who are fearful of big water) are having a blast!!

100. As we speak, I am planning a stay-cation for us for next week! So excited!