– On the way to the beach we stopped at a peach stand to, you know, buy peaches. While we were there I saw an adorable tote bag in a sale bin and thought it would make a great gift for my aunt. I looked up the website on the bag’s tag once we got here, and oh my word – so many great-looking accessories. Plus, I’m fairly certain that the Bag Lady blue paisley pattern is too much cuteness for the world to contain.
– The MouseMail $100 Visa gift card giveaway is still going strong.
– Several years ago my friend Rhoda told me about a great Italian place on the outskirts of Birmingham. I made a mental note to try it – and then never did. Since it’s a little off the beaten path (for us, at least), it always seemed too far out of the way when we were thinking about where to grab lunch or dinner.
But last week my husband had a meeting near the restaurant that Rhoda mentioned, so he and a co-worker gave it a try. He came home raving about it, so our little family of three went to Joe’s Italian for lunch this past Saturday. OH MY WORD. It was EXCELLENT. And the strawberry cake may have changed my life.
So if you live in or around Birmingham, GO. Especially if you’re like me and think it’s too much of a drive. GO. IT IS A BLESSING.
– Out of the blue last week I remembered a door knocker that we had at our last house. I LOVED IT. Then I wondered why I haven’t gotten one for our current house. And then I decided that I needed to remedy that situation immediately.
I think it’s lovely and warm and welcoming. Makes me smile.
– Last week on the Twitter I noticed that Ree mentioned a website I’d never read before. So I clicked over, and OH MY. I should’ve grabbed a box of tissues before I started reading. The website is called Dear Photograph, and it will warm your heart and make you want to hug the people you love. So good.