1. I am so behind on DVR’d programming. In fact, I haven’t watched a single episode of American Idol this season. I’ve only seen one episode of The Bachelor. The only show I stay caught up on consistently is Top Chef. What does it all mean?
2. Dave Barnes’ new single is called “Mine To Love,” and it makes me sway and smile. Totally infectious. I think you need it in your life.
3. Slowly but surely I’ve been following up on some of y’all’s new music suggestions. I’ve loved NEEDTOBREATHE’s music since we saw them open for the aforementioned Dave Barnes a few years ago, but somehow I neglected to buy their latest album. WELL. I bought it earlier this week, and SWEET FANCY MOSES it is a winner.
4. It’s a winner because of songs like this one.
That right there? Will restore your faith in American music.
5. I have a big giveaway coming up next week. And it’s for a fancy vacuum that I have grown to love and treasure. Stay tuned.
6. Earlier this week Melanie wrote a post over at Ree’s about her favorite book quotes, so I spent the next two days thinking about all of my favorite book quotes. There are a couple from classics like To Kill A Mockingbird and The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe that make me teary-eyed every single time I read them, but here’s my favorite makes-me-teary-eyed quote from a more recent book:
“My sister, Swede, who often sees to the nub, offered this: People fear miracles because they fear being changed – though ignoring them will change you also. Swede said another thing, too, and it rang in me like a bell: No miracle happens without a witness. Someone to declare, Here’s what I saw. Here’s how it went. Make of it what you will.” – Peace Like a River by Leif Enger
I adore that book.
7. Remember how I told y’all that I was using a new skin care regimen that a sweet friend sent me? Well, I’ve had to stop using it for a little while. I think some part of it is just too much for my skin. I say that because there has been a great deal of itching (especially after I use the morning moisturizer) and no shortage of break-outs. So I think a change is in order (cue the sad trombone).
8. This little sign is speaking volumes to me these days.
9. This little sign makes me say “amen.”
10. And this one? Just makes me laugh.
Have a great weekend, y’all!