1. Right now Phillip Phillips and Joshua Ledet are my top two on American Idol. I’d be perfectly happy for either one of them to win. I triple liked Phillip’s performance of “Volcano” last week, and then Joshua sang “It’s A Man’s World” and my head exploded but in a good way. I think they’re both super-talented, and while I think Jessica is talented, too, I just favor the guys for some reason.
2. Mama and Daddy drove over this afternoon for a Mother’s Day visit. Mama and I immediately went to Steinmarts, where she found a cute top for a trip she and Daddy are taking in a few months, and I found another pair of white jeans. I felt a little ridiculous buying a second pair of white jeans, but I wear my first pair ALL THE TIME, and I think I’ve reached a point in my life where it’s good to have the second white jeans option. I feel good about my decision.
3. I am obsessed with Scandal on ABC. I actually wrote a post about it this weekend (for Ree’s blog, not this one) because I have so many, many thoughts about it, including but not limited to the fact that Tony Goldwyn is FANTASTIC as the President. I will try to remember to tell you when Ree puts up the post so that we can discuss all aspects of the show in great detail.
4. Soccer season is officially over in our family. It’s been a bunch of fun, and the little man had the best group of guys on his team, but we can now reclaim our Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. At least until fall. And I’m just as tickled as I can be about that.
5. The Bachelorette starts tomorrow night. I would tell you that there’s no way I’m watching, but that would be a lie because I AM SO WATCHING.
What about y’all?