So I’m sitting here watching The Bachelorette, and I figure this is as good a time as any to jot down a few of my initial observations. The only reason I feel remotely safe sticking my toes into the Bachelorette end of the bloggy pool is because I’m trusting Emily to KEEP IT CLASSY, SISTER.
Remember, as I have mentioned before, I am a person who believed for several years that the whole point of the fantasy suites was so the couples could have an opportunity to talk and visit and maybe share some chips and queso without the cameras around.
All righty. My thoughts. I will share them.
- Initially I saw the spelling of Kalon’s name and thought it rhymed with “talon.” This detail probably isn’t interesting to, well, anyone, but it made me laugh.
- A singer/songwriter? That’s an awkward Bachelorette serenade waiting to happen. Also, the singer/songwriter used the words “quintessence,” “disparate,” “facets,” and “converge” within seconds of each other. He must hang out with Tarzan from the most recent season of Survivor.
- Charlie has a bulldog. Therefore, Charlie is my favorite.
- I would really, really like to know what color lip gloss Emily is wearing at the meet and greet. It’s sort of a plum, but it’s not too purple and not too pink. Very pretty.
- I like Sean’s checked shirt / striped tie combo. Well played.
- I’m gonna go ahead and say that things aren’t going to work out with the fitness model. Nor are they going to work out with Loud Guy.
- Chris makes a very kind first impression…I like him.
- “I’m a high school biology teacher, but I’m here to have chemistry with you.” – OH NO. NOOOOO. That line was a terrible miscalculation. If he makes it through after that, the only explanation is the Lord’s favor.
- A meet and greet gimmick is almost always a bad call. Because even if you get a rose, you’ve still lost your dignity. AND you have to keep up with your skateboard and/or jam box and/or glass slipper and/or granny wig all night long. That has to be annoying.
- Ryan the pro sports trainer seems darlin’.
- I’m now at the 55 minute mark, and I believe it has been well-established by the guys that Emily is stunning. Gorgeous. Amazing. And etc.
- Emily is now handing out roses, and the first two guys she picked were Chris and Ryan. I think Emily and I might be on the same wavelength. Or at least we would be if weren’t complete strangers.
- I’m so relieved that she gave Travis a rose, mainly because he’s a Mississippi State boy. That being said, IT’S TIME TO PUT UP THE EGG.
- There weren’t really any big surprises with the guys she picked. I was a little surprised about Kalon because he came across as a little flashy (might not be what he’s really like at all), and I think she made a good decision in not offering a rose to fitness model guy because KEEP YOUR SHIRT ON, SON.
What did y’all think? Was it as dramatical and amazing and shocking and amazing as you imagined it would be?