I know. I normally do the whole favorites thing on Friday. But when I was doing some writing at Starbucks earlier tonight (1,000 words to go, oh hallelujah), I looked on the Twitter and found out that I’d better GIDDY UP, GUSSY – STORM’S-A-COMIN’. So now I’m home and hanging out in the guest room with all my people until said storm passes.
You know, I think I can speak for Alabama and say that we would love to have a pass on severe weather for a while. The rain is fantastic, but the straight line winds and tornados can be a little pesky.
Anyway. Favorites. Here we go.
- I made this tilapia recipe for supper tonight, and it was absolutely delicious. Everybody loved it. And it’s super-simple, too, which is always a plus. Yay, Pinterest, for the find.
- Speaking of Pinterest, this made me laugh.
- My friend Shaun has written an e-book called In The Sky – And Other Big Lessons From Little People.
Shaun has a way of seeing the sacred in the ordinary – and communicating it in an absolutely beautiful way. It’s exciting to see him step out and share his words in a different format.
- Summer reading is in full force around here, and Justin Case: School, Drool, & Other Daily Disasters has been an early favorite with the little man. So has Wonkenstein (The Creature from My Closet) and The Name of This Book Is Secret.
- Last week I ordered some earrings from Noonday Collection, and today, when the package arrived in the mail, I opened it and swooned.
I love a purchase with a greater good.
- About a week ago Melanie and I had our first conference call with the LifeWay team about this year’s dotMOM Conference, and oh, we cannot wait. Mel and I will be emceeing / wearing those sassy microphones that go over the ear / trying to appear composed again this year, and we would love to see you there!
All righty. The bad weather has passed, and the boy is in bed. So I am now free and clear to watch The Bachelorette and listen to Emily say “Thank yewwwww” two or forty-five times. It makes me so happy.
Happy Monday, everybody!