- If you’ve heard that Mo Isom, the goalie for LSU’s women’s soccer team (and last year’s LSU Homecoming Queen), wants to be a kicker on the Tigers’ football team, you may have wondered why in the world she’d do such a thing. To be honest, I’ve wondered that, too. But then I read a Grantland article called “Let It Fly.” And oh my goodness. I am absolutely blown away by her courage. What a testimony.
- Sometimes I read something and then can’t get it out of my head. That’s precisely what happened with a post that Shaun wrote a couple of days ago. It’s stayed with me for sure.
- I love the trend of colored jeans, but I do not love the trend of super skinny jeans (they look darlin’ on other people, but as for me and my calves, we need ourselves a bootcut). Anyway, way back at the beginning of the summer, Melanie told me that Old Navy had some colored jeans with a flare, and I immediately ordered them. They are really comfortable, and I just saw that they’re on big-time sale. So here you go.
- As many of you probably know by now, Lysa TerKeurst has a new book out this week. It’s called Unglued: Making Wise Choices in the Midst of Raw Emotions. I’d love to be able to say that I rarely lose my cool and therefore can’t relate to Unglued at all, but that would be a big fat lie. So if you’re looking for better ways to deal with some of the stuff that you typically don’t like to deal with (in my case: anger), you might want to check out what Lysa has to say.
- Now. How about we add some levity to these bloggy proceedings?
I know. I KNOW. You’ve heard it here before. But I still have to listen to it at least once a day. It delights me.
Have a great weekend, everybody.