I’ve mentioned before that one of the biggest blessings of my whole life is that I get to hang out with some darlin’ teenage girls every single week. They make me laugh and keep me young and are basically my only hope in terms of staying remotely fashionable (along with Melanie, of course).
I don’t write about the girls well, ever, since it’s always seemed like a good idea to keep their stories and issues and whathaveyou far, far away from the blog. But when it comes to gift ideas, I definitely share their opinions. I think it’s super-hard to know how to buy for girls / young women from, say, middle school- to college-age, and I figure that I can’t be the only one who thinks that. So I make a point to ask lots of questions and listen carefully when the girls are talking about what they think is oh-so-sassy. And then I make a list.
Just FYI: there aren’t any affiliate links in this list. Not that there’s anything wrong with affiliate links. But if I’m going to eavesdrop on a bunch of 17 year-olds, I figure it’s better if I don’t make a commission off of my nosiness. Call me crazy.
1. Silipada Dream Sign Bracelet – My sister-in-law gave me one of these for my birthday (granted, I am not in fact a teenager, but this is a bracelet that works for all ages), and I haven’t taken it off since. It’s so lightweight that you don’t even know that you’re wearing it, but I can tell you that I look down at it several times a day and smile. Dreaming is sort of counter-intuititive to my personality, so in a strange way, this bracelet encourages me. Delightful.
2. Silipada Simple Blessings Bracelet – I love this one, too!
5. Write Everyday Agenda – I know that we have calendars on our phones and our computers and whatnot, but I am still so partial to a calendar that I can carry around with me and write in with Sharpies. Old school, you know.
Listen. I haven’t worn my hair in a ponytail since 1988, so I didn’t even know what an Emi-Jay hair tie was until the girls told me. But according to them, these particular hair ties are ALL THE RAGE – and the headbands, too.
7. Kate Spade iPhone 5 Paisley Hardshell Case – If you’re buying for a girly-girl and present her with this phone case, you will be THE HIT OF CHRISTMAS. No doubt about it.
10. Micah 6:8 Typography Poster – I may get this for my own house. And since it’s a standard size, it’s easy to pick up a frame at Target or Hobby Lobby and create a gift that looks completely custom.
13. Freeset Farmhouse tote bag with sari trim – Everybody needs tote bags, and these particular ones have a greater good attached. Plus, they’re super-roomy and durable, too.
14. Small Flap Crossbody Bag in gold – The crossbody bags are big – HUGE – with the 21-and-under set. So if you happen to run across one that you think is cute, I can almost guarantee you that it will be well-received by the lucky girl who gets to keep it.
17. Perfectly Unique: Praising God from Head to Foot by Annie Downs
18. Graceful: Letting Go of Your Try-Hard Life by Emily Freeman
19. Smashbox Studio Pop for Eyes – Because playing around with eye make-up is fun. I don’t care how old you are.
20. Crabtree & Evelyn Citron, Honey, & Coriander Mini 60 Second Fix for Hands – I think scented stuff is a super-personal gift, and I usually shy away from it for that reason. However, this particular Crabtree & Evelyn scent seems to be universally adored. It’s light, lemon-y, and just a tiny bit herb-y. Delightful.
Merry Christmas, y’all!