It is sad that my life has come to leading with this particular bit of news, but I finally sneezed this afternoon.
It caught me totally off guard and was cause for much celebration.
I’m not sure why the Lord chose to lead me through a ten-day sneeze fast, but I can tell you one thing: I will never take the sneezing for granted again. As the wise philosophers in Cinderella* once sang, “You don’t know what you got ’til it’s gone.” AND THEY WERE NOT KIDDING, EITHER.
Now that the sneezing news is out of the way (LAMEST INTRODUCTORY PHRASE EVER), I have to say that I have loved reading your reactions to Sunday night’s Downton Abbey episode. I couldn’t help but think of everything y’all had pointed out when I ran across this little gem on Pinterest.
I think she would make a wonderful addition to The Bachelor, don’t you? Because I can guarantee you that Dowager Countess would have had something to say about the girl who hopped out of that limousine wearing a wedding gown. Oh yes ma’am she would have.
There are a few bits-o-information that I’ve been meaning to pass along to y’all for the last couple of days, so while they’re all sitting in a pretty little row in my mind, I thought I’d pass them along. In list form, of course. Because I do enjoy a list.
– Melanie’s book, Sparkly Green Earrings, hits bookstores in exactly one month. YOU PEOPLE ARE IN FOR SUCH A TREAT. Don’t forget to pre-order your copy at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, or one of the other bookstores listed on Melanie’s book page.
– Earlier today I mentioned on the Twitter that I was looking for some new music, and several people mentioned that they were enjoying Chris Tomlin’s new CD, Burning Lights. I’ve been listening to it most of the afternoon, and YES. SO, SO GOOD. Two thumbs up. I’ve also had Bethel Music’s The Loft Sessions on pretty steady rotation this week, and it is excellent. I could listen to “Come to Me” for a sweet forever and then ask to hear it one more time.
– I wrote a post over at Ree’s about my 2013 TV Goals. And because I am brilliant, I accidentally titled the post “TV Goals 2012.” Because apparently I can’t keep my years straight. Nonetheless, all the info in said post is relevant to 2013, so just shield your eyes from the errant title and pretend like I know what I’m doing.
– This Saturday night is the Miss America pageant, and I thought it would be fun if we had a little bloggy get-together during the festivities. We were plagued by technical difficulties when we tried to get together for Miss Mississippi this past summer, but I figure it’ll be much easier to tune in to Miss America since it’s on ABC (9pm eastern, 8pm central). Here’s what we did last year for Miss America – and oh, was it ever a blast. Maybe my favorite bloggy fun ever.
All you have to do to participate is to watch Miss America with a computer or phone or iPad nearby. Even if there are just ten of us who participate, it’ll be big fun.
In the meantime, I’m going to watch this over and over to prepare myself for all the pageantry.
(I know. I’ve shown that video about 72 times on my blog.)
(I love it so much.)
Happy Tuesday, y’all!
* – I originally said Aerosmith but have corrected the error. Obviously I am grief-stricken that I confused my power ballads. It’s like I don’t know who I am anymore.