Well, I haven’t been a very good blogger this week, but oh, I have me some reasons.
Four of ‘em, actually.
1. Work. It has been lively. Lively in a good way, but lively nonetheless.
2. I am going to Arkansas tomorrow to speak at the AWBU conference. I am excited because I realized the other night that I haven’t been to Arkansas since I went to my cousin Amy’s wedding in Hot Springs when I was about 23. Arkansas, it has been too long.
3. I didn’t want to post on top of the last post because y’all’s comments have been a treasure and a delight and have caused me to clap my hands on occasion. Y’all are feisty. I like that in a person.
4. Well, maybe I just had three reasons. Can’t think of the fourth for the life of me.
So. Some other things.
- I was so tickled to read that that Harry Connick, Jr. is going to be a judge on American Idol next season. IT IS ABOUT TIME. He has always been great as a guest mentor on the show, and I can’t wait to watch him week after week. I get a kick out of south Louisiana folks under pretty much any circumstances, and I think a straight-shootin’ New Orleans boy is exactly what Idol needs. Well, that and a whole lot of talent.
- Several friends have released books in the last month or so, and I am woefully behind in sharing that info. One day next week I’m gonna write a post that’s All About All The Books.
(Hey! Look at that! I believe I just set a goal!)
(You might want to mark this momentous event in some sort of memory book.)
- It’s pumpkin spice latte’ time at Starbucks again, and I for one could not be more thrilled. Upwards of two of you might remember that last year I discovered a pumpkin spice latte’ option that forever changed my life: the two-pump grande PSL. It’s so flavorful but not nearly as syrup-y sweet the regular version, and while I don’t want to overstate it, it’s basically my favorite hot beverage in the history of all time ever. It’s so good, in fact, that I no longer have room for the peppermint mocha in my life. That’s a bold statement, I know, but I’m just speaking my personal coffee truth.
- Finally. Miss America 2014 is next Sunday night, and I am most definitely planning to do the whole bloggy viewing party thing. Certainly the 2013 pageant continues to hold a special place in my heart because, well, THREE TAP ROUTINES IN THE TOP TEN. However, after seeing pictures of Miss Alabama’s gown for next Saturday’s parade, I think it’s clear that the 2014 pageant has all sorts of promise.
Something tells me that she’s gonna say “Roll Tide” at some point during her introduction in the parade of contestants. Just a crazy hunch.
Happy Weekend, y’all.