I have an incurable case of The Shares. Therefore comma get ready for LINKS-A-PLENTY.
Dave Barnes released a Christmas album today. It’s called A December to Remember, and it is fantastic (seriously – it is FANTASTIC). Somehow it’s classic, soulful, and modern all at the same time, with a great mix of standards we all grew up with and original songs we’re going to want to learn by Thanksgiving. I know it probably sounds strange, but I can’t wait to sing this album in the car with my family. It’s ’bout-near perfect.
- Something tells me that Ohio State’s band did some practicing over the summer. I loved the Michael Jackson halftime show, but I think this one is even more awesome.
- I’ll be at Mistletoe Marketplace in Jackson, MS next week to sell and sign books at my friend Lea Margaret’s booth (SoDelta Candle Company, booth #608). I’ll be there early Thursday afternoon through Friday night. My friend Elise will be there to sell books at the gala (which sounds very fancy) on Wednesday night – just in case anyone wants to buy books and then pick up signed copies later in the week. Email me if you have questions or if I’ve made this whole thing terribly confusing.
- This looks awesome (giddy up, J.J. Abrams fans). (via)
- Cheeky Maiden Soap Co. has spoiled me rotten. I order all of my soap from them these days; it’s all-natural, affordable, and so very kind to sensitive skin. Plus, it smells like a little piece of heaven. My most recent order arrived last week, and as soon as I opened the box and inhaled the deliciousness, I made a mental note to pass along the link. Because I love the stuff.
- My friend Rosemary is in college and got engaged a couple of months ago. Her post about the proposal will make you cry happy tears.
- Last but not least.
Ree’s new cookbook released today, and it is a feast for the senses. The photography, the writing, the recipes – everything about it is engaging and helpful and fun. I’m crazy about the way it’s organized (holiday by holiday), and I can’t wait to try the recipes. I have a feeling that my copy will be dog-eared in no time.
Hope y’all have had a great Tuesday!