Here are a few things I’ve been meaning to mention / share / give away.
I will no doubt think of four more things as soon as I post this, but I’m gonna go ahead and run with what I have.
Clearly I am very zany and devil-may-care-ish.
– In light of all the marriage talk around here, I’ve been thinking about this excellent post on marriage by Edie. Chock-full-o-wisdom, hope, and truth.
– It took us over a month, but we have finally settled on our favorite of all the K-Cups.
I bought a big ole box because they were so much cheaper in bulk. And oh, we will enjoy the fire out of them.
– So. This year’s Allume conference is October 23-25 in Greenville, SC, and I am so excited to be speaking. I am also mildly terrified, but we won’t talk about that part right now because DENIAL. Anyway, I know that several of y’all have been to Allume before, so if you’re going again in October – or if you’re planning to go for the first time – be sure to let me know. Tickets go on sale March 1st.
– Melanie probably won’t tell you this, so I will. Tomorrow (Thursday) afternoon from 3-4 central she’s going to be a guest on Chris Fabry Live. You can listen online or find a local station (it’s on WLJR 88.5 here in Birmingham). I enjoy Chris Fabry’s show so much, and I have a feeling that he and Melanie are going to be fast friends.
– This morning I wrote on the very last page of this journal.
It has been a delight and a joy, and I will miss it terribly.
Also: I may be a smidge over-invested as far as my journals are concerned.
– This is a show that’s fun again.
– Every couple of months I land on a new book that I read very slowly in the mornings. My friend Anne actually got me into this habit, and I’ve realized that when I’ve finished my quiet time and the house is still quiet and I’m drinking coffee, I love reading a few pages from something that’s thoughtful and helps me ease into the day (I wouldn’t have been able to do this in my younger years because 1) early morning and 2) SLEEP). Here are a couple of books that I highly recommend for early-morning reading (or whenever reading, for that matter):
I have two copies of each book to give away, so if you’d like to win either of these, just leave a comment on this post. I’ll draw for winners Friday night.
Happy Thursday, y’all!
This giveaway is now closed. Winners will be notified ASAP.