1. Picked up a sick young’un from school Monday morning.
2. Took said sick young’un to the doctor’s office, where he was promptly diagnosed with strep.
3. Encouraged that same young’un to RUN TO THE GRASS when he needed to throw up in the doctor’s office parking lot.
4. Reminded myself that it’s a doctor’s office parking lot, so it certainly wasn’t the grassy area’s first throw-up rodeo.
5. Discovered that we have not been buying bully sticks for Hazel; we have been buying bravo sticks. I do apologize for any confusion.
6. Spent ONE HOUR yesterday trying to get a movie to stream from my Mac to the Apple TV. I said on Twitter that I had discovered a whole new level of hatred for devices with inputs and was contemplating maybe just performing a skit.
7. Called my husband at work to get him to walk me through how I could play a movie. Turned out that I was changing the inputs on the wrong device. This is hardly surprising considering that there are about 15 things plugged into our TV.
8. Slightly exaggerated the number of things plugged into our TV because maybe there are only 14. And yes, I have romanticized the days of the VCR and my utterly reliable VHS tapes.
9. Washed about five loads of clothes and actually folded all of them.
10. Celebrated with Alex when his fever broke because he hasn’t been that sick in a lonnnnng time. Bless.
10. Put away all the folded clothes except for the stack of towels that’s staring at me from across the room right now.
11. Wondered if that the same stack of towels will still be there Saturday. My guess is YES.
12. Made a doctor’s appointment for me because I felt yuck yesterday and immediately got paranoid that OH NO, IT’S THE STREP.
13. Felt relieved that it was only sinus / allergy issues. So basically it was par for the springtime course.
14. Slowed down when I was driving down our street this morning because the dogwoods are starting to bloom and they’re my favorite.
15. Marveled at Hazel’s deep affection for shoes. She loves them and likes to have one in her mouth at all times unless she’s sleeping. This is why almost all of the shoes in this house are resting on an elevated surface right now.
16. Made the bold statement that McAlister’s Deli has the very best iced tea – but then I had some iced tea from Zaxby’s and now I’m wavering. I think I’ll stick with McAlister’s, though, since I’ve loved it longer.
17. Changed the lyrics to “Do You Want To Build A Snowman?” for pretty much every question I’ve asked Alex in the last 48 hours. And he is all better now, by the way. I doubt his recovery is directly connected to my singing, but it may have made him even more determined to get back to school so that he could escape my renditions of the songs from the Frozen soundtrack.
17. Discovered that there is a Sea Salt Caramel flavor of Talenti gelato and CALLED ON THE LORD right there next to the frozen food in the grocery store. I am trying to stay away from sweets during Lent, but y’all – SEA SALT CARAMEL GELATO. I stared at it for a long time and then pretended I could taste it and then practically caught a wheelie moving my grocery cart over to the cheese aisle so I could pretend again that some cheese would totally satisfy my gelato craving.
18. Packed an overnight bag because I’m meeting Melanie in Chicago tomorrow. We’re gonna spend Friday with our Tyndale people and I am just as tickled as I can be about that.
19. Listened to this album by the Oh, Hello’s over and over and over and over and over. Adore it.
20. Caught up on our Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon episodes on the DVR. It is such a treat.
22. Rubbed my eyes.
23. Wondered why Taco Bell decided to get in the breakfast business and why teenage boys seem to think that it’s THE TASTIEST FOOD EVER.
24. Put a dress at Nordstrom in my online shopping cart – only to delete it. And then put it back in the shopping cart again. And then delete it. And then put it back in the shopping cart without buying it because DRESS COMMITMENTS ARE HARD.
How are y’all?