Placeholder

I didn’t have any intention of taking what turned into a week-long bloggy break. But work was very, um, lively last week, and I couldn’t seem to stay up later than about 9:30 at night, and I went out of town for most of this weekend, and then I came home and celebrated Mother’s Day with my fellas, and then I was going to write a really long blog post, but a little while ago Hazel got tangled up in some cords next our sofa and started to run and knocked a bunch of things off the end table and in the process broke my favorite yellow lamp.

Seriously. MY FAVORITE. It cost $10 at the thrift store and always made my den feel like sunshine.

This was the day I brought it home. I have to say that we had a mighty good seven years together.

IMG_2539

RIP, Yellow Lamp. You will be sorely missed. And the yellow ottoman in the den isn’t going to know what in the world to do without you.

So. I’m going to grieve my lamp and watch Mad Men and try again with the blogging thing tomorrow. I think that Yellow Lamp would want it that way.

Hope y’all had a great weekend!

(And you should be relieved because there was a point a few minutes ago when I was considering making an Instagram collage with pictures I’ve taken of Yellow Lamp through the years.)

(I decided that might be pushing things a little too far.)

(I can’t completely rule out the possibility, though.)

Comments

1. Awww…I feel your pain. We’ll all come along side you as you go through the 5 stages of grief.

2. Sister – let’s find and/or spray paint one while I’m down there in a couple of weeks.
    Yellow lamp, good and faithful servant, may you rest in peace.

3. My condolences … & I think an instagram collage would be a beautiful & fitting tribute to such bright & sunshiney deceased lamp.

4. Melissa says:

Amazing how attached we get to things. I don’t have a yellow lamp, but, do have numerous things that I don’t want to part with. We recently moved and some things were broken. I have survived the loss and moved on to get some other “things”. :-)

5. WendyBrz says:

I have a blue and white lamp, bought at the PX in Germany for $28, and it brings me a ridiculous amount of pleasure. I feel your pain.

6. Marybeth says:

Spray paint is a girls best friend! Embrace it, use it freely……just remember it also sprays the cement on which you spray your item and the wind will blow the over-spray on your favorite sandals so use caution.

7. I think a picture collage would be very appropriate. Maybe even write a verse or two… Ode to a Yellow Lamp. That would not be weird at all. Nope.

8. Heather says:

Awwww…poor lamp. Grieve for the appropriate time and then head to Etsy! :)

9. Jeanie says:

Awww. Hazel didn’t mean to. Get yo’self a can of yellow spray paint and head to a thrift store for a new lamp.

10. votemom says:

not sure how far you are in MadMen, but it’s just season after season of broken relationships and adultry. you should switch now while you aren’t too invested!

11. votemom says:

oh! and you had a real find with that $10 lamp – check ebay for yellow lamps – they are apparently quite “in” and the bidding starts high – gosh! so very sorry for your loss! maybe there is another yellow accent out there just waiting for you?

12. At least now, if you’re going to the opening of “Cats,” you won’t have to turn off all those lamps. :-)

13. Glad you’re back! I’m so sorry about your lamp — sometimes the things we get for the least amount of money are the most precious. Maybe it’s the thrill of the deal.

14. Surely the retail space dedicated to women in my store was at least 80-20% in favor of women.
    Any time you know this, then a minimum of you realize just how much ready you
    are for the future. LL Bean coupons are easy to apply and they help shoppers save on merchandise.

15. Love your blog Sophie! Thank you for inspiring me! I’m proud to share that because of you and Melanie being soooo inspiring….I started my blog this week! Angela Banae – it’s about family, faith, and life! Thanks for being you and being such a positive influence on a new blogger like me. :) Hugs from Iowa!