A Few Little Bits Of Interweb Funtimes

The wide-leg pants from Old Navy have been a high point this past year (I believe I’ve raved about them several times). It makes me so happy when I see friends here in town and they say something along the lines of, “THOSE PANTS – YOU WERE NOT KIDDING.” For the last month or so they’ve been out of stock, but THEY’RE BACK (and I’m just as envious as I can be of you people who wear a size small because you get to order the turquoise). Anyway, you can use the coupon code ONSAVENOW until the end of day today (May 28th) and get 25% off.

– If you’re a Mad Men fan, don’t miss Alan Sepinwall’s review of the mid-season finale. And after you finish reading that, you’ll get a huge kick out of his interview with series creator Matthew Weiner. Oh-so-insightful.

– My friend Robin linked to this article – 19 Brands You Didn’t Know Were Owned By Giant Corporations – on Facebook today, and I thought it was fascinating. Power of marketing, I reckon. But even though my mental image of Mrs. Meyer’s products being made in a tiny little warehouse is now shattered, I will remain loyal to the end. It’s forever my favorite.

– Another Facebook find: my friend Joy linked to an article that I have been thinking about all day. It’s called “Too Scared To Cry: Social Media Outrage and the Gospel,” and it addresses some of the pitfalls that come with having an “open mic” for our anger (even when it’s righteous anger) via social media. Lots of wisdom.

– Alex will attest to the fact that this is my favorite song in a really long time. It feels like a classic love song to me, but it’s still oh-so-modern. Makes me happy.

Nester mentioned a print at gracelaced earlier today, and I am a little bit in love with it (especially since it’s my favorite of all the Bible verses). Gorgeous.

Screen Shot 2014-05-28 at 7.44.05 PM

The 8×10 is only $16 and an 11×14 is $24 – such a great gift for a wedding or graduation.

– This tickled me.

Hope y’all have had a wonderful Wednesday!

Comments

1. Lots of goodies! Totally agree about the JT song … timeless & so fun!

2. Hayley says:

Absolutely love the JT song. And I love watching his background singers almost equally.

3. Love all the links especially the last one. As someone who works from home full time, I know full well how the conference call goes. LOL The link to the giant corp article didn’t work for me but I bet it’s interesting. They must have taken the article down because I couldn’t find it on that site.

4. i love it when you talk Mad Men! i just wrote a post on it myself and the injustice that none of my real life friends share my passion for the show. and did you see any connection at all in emily’s recent post (http://www.chattingatthesky.com/2014/05/27/listen-to-your-life-and-to-jerry-seinfeld/) and Waterloo? or is it just me?
    here’s my ramblings about it: http://www.melissastover.com/the-best-things-in-life/

5. What a wonderful surprise to be featured here. Completely honored…and how about we get to know each other BooMama? :) Can’t wait. xox

6. Oh, I love that Justin Timberlake, too:)

7. Amen on the pants. I bought 3 pairs of them last time you suggested them. I would sleep in them if I had more!

8. Jennifer S says:

Thanks for the tip about the pants – I just ordered some! Oh, and I found the perfect maxi dress at Belk!

9. Tracey says:

I am definitely ordering those linen pants! The conference call IRL had me cracking up! Thanks for the laughs, BooMama.

• conference call=High-larious! I sent it to my boss. I can hear her laughing. she had one of those calls just yesterday.

10. Michele T says:

I’m convinced there is a little Japanese man that owns the entire world. And I still believe Mrs. Meyer’s concocts everything in her little farm-house kitchen.

11. Erin in CO says:

Hahahah! I’m sending the link for the conference call to my hubs. His work life is such that he will very much appreciate it. I have LOVED seeing Ruth’s prints and watching business grow for her. This particular one I have had my eye on because it was our wedding verse, 9 years ago, and I feel like it would be a great addition to our room. Makes me smile to see it here :)
    As always, a delight to read your thoughts!

12. I like the JT song too, but why does he have to have the F word in there? Many other words would’ve worked just fine.

• It does?!!? I haven’t noticed it, and I’m usually pretty sensitive to that stuff. Off to check the lyrics right now!

• Am I hallucinating??

• Ok, this has been bugging me. There are two versions – one says “look around”, the other says, well…something else. The video on Vevo has an unedited version of the other one. Again, why? Using “look around” just goes toward making it a timeless love song. The other one, not so much.

So, glad I could solve the mystery. I’m sure you are wide awake wondering…

• BTW, I’m up at 1 AM watching my DVRd SNL with Fallon as host and JT as musical guest. Yep, rocking the night life in Conway!!

13. Beth Wittenbach says:

Speaking of interwebby goodness, have you seen this commercial? HILARIOUS!! http://www.adweek.com/adfreak/whos-your-daddy-definitely-not-scooter-neutered-cat-157432

• That was hilarious!! I had to share on FB with a shout out to Bob Barker. Thanks for posting!!

14. Emily F says:

Thanks for the tip about the pants! I have them in black and have been waiting for the chambray! My 2-weeks post-partum self is most appreciative :D

15. I have tried to resist the Justin, but to no avail. He has this weird, charismatic, hypnotic effect that I am not immune to. LOVE this song, I even texted my 19 yr old collegiate daughter that she HAD to listen to it. & the whole above statement makes me feel like the oogey “cool mom” in Mean Girls. I may need to reevaluate…

Also, I will be ordering those pants because they look like they will be divinely comfy.

& nothing anyone could say could change my love for Mrs. Meyer’s Sweet Basil scented cleaners.

That is all.

16. bamacurl says:

The pants. Found one pair in ON and walked the store looking for another in my size. I finally find them, in the maternity section! Could not find a ‘maternity’ marking on the tags. I’m 11 years post pregnancy, and yes, I need a larger size, but I could not wrap my head around buying them, sigh…

17. Hi there, I found your web site by means of Google
    even as looking for a related subject, your web site got here up, it seems good.
    I’ve bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.
    Hello there, just was aware of your weblog via Google, and located that it is truly informative.

I’m going to watch out for brussels. I’ll be grateful should you proceed this in future.

Lots of other folks can be benefited out of your
    writing. Cheers!

18. Thankfulness to my father who stated to me regarding this weblog, this webpage is truly awesome.