So Many Things

Well, it’s 3:47 in the AM. I’m not awake by choice, mind you, but I fell asleep watching TV, and then I woke up around 2, and my body is convinced that it’s time to get up even though THREE FORTY SEVEN. My 40s hate me.

So, since I have been such a wayward blogger lately (I’m still working on the book – and while I hoped that I’d finish this week, my schedule didn’t have much wiggle room for writing, so tomorrow is a BIG DAY O’ WRITING provided that I get some sleep between now and then), I thought I’d link to some stuff and some things.

This is really just an attempt to bore myself back to sleep, but we’ll see where it goes.

And here’s the book cover. I love it a lot.

cover

This book is much more of my story than the first book. I didn’t plan it that way, but that’s just how it started to turn and move, and I think that’s why it’s taken me so long to write it. I feel like it’s been 85% thinking/praying and 15% writing, and that has been a completely different experience than the first one.

Nobody cares about this kind of stuff, I know. But I feel like I need to explain because I’ve missed blogging a lot and I just want you to know that I really haven’t been just sitting around and watching Bravo.

NOT THAT THERE’S ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT.

All righty. The things.

- “Only Jesus”

I watched this video for the first time tonight (last night, whatever), and it was the perfect song at the perfect time. I needed it. Still do.

- Audiotree Live Session – The Oh Hellos

Around the 24 minute-mark they sing a new song called “Dear Wormwood,” and I nearly came up out of my seat at the Panera when I heard it. Somebody preach one time.

- Wherever the River Runs by Kelly Minter

Screen Shot 2014-08-09 at 4.18.52 AM

I adore this book. It is beautifully written, it is inspiring, and it is thought-provoking. You will not finish reading it and feel like there are 44 Gospel-driven initiatives that you need to start. However, you will finish reading it and look around your neighborhood and your workplace and your family and your community and think, “Who have I missed?” Can’t recommend it enough.

- The other day my friend Nicole reminded me of this video (opening credits of Music & Lyrics), and it has made me laugh so hard. And here’s the even bigger thing, FNL fans: THAT IS JASON STREET, Y’ALL.

Okay. I’m a little drowsy now. I’m gonna run with it.

Please know that I miss you terribly and I’ll be back soon. :-)

Have a great weekend, everybody!

Comments

1. I cannot wait to read your new book. I just know it’s going to captivate and charm me like the first one. Praying for your this morning friend. Praying for you as you write. XO

2. Can’t wait to read your new book!
    Praying for you as you finish it up!

3. Molly P says:

I’m also excited about your book! Hang in there….we are all going to love it and still love you after reading!
    By the way, I’m in the middle of packing my little townhouse to move, and I keep looking forward to the day when I’m settled in at the new house and can have a lazy day of watching Designing Women! Thanks again for those.

4. Melissa says:

Missing you, too, Sophie. I love the book cover. I am so excited for you and can’t wait for the book to be ready. I, too, love Kelly Minter’s book. Her story is so inspiring. Thanks for sharing the videos. Have a glorious day and know you are loved. :-)

5. Melissa says:

The “PoP! Go my heart” video was a great start to my weekend. And it soundsike this new book is going to be excellent. Looking forward to reading it!

6. You are my kinda girl! You make me laugh – oh how you make me laugh! – you make me think and sometimes you bring BIG emotions out of me. I’m grateful to God for all that you are to those of us who are daily fed by your words. And, yes, I do mean “fed.” You are a witness through what you say. Thank you for being who you are … authentic and honest.

7. Goodness gracious, I have missed your posts! I cannot wait for you to finish this book, and YES WE DO want to hear about the writing process…it helps us know how to pray for you specifically. You have a gift, Sophie. Your words are gentle and moving and…comfy-feeling. Prayers from Arkansas. :)

8. Karen Beymer says:

Love love the book cover. Looking forward to it. You have such a wonderful refreshing style of writing. Yes, I’m sure the praying part was awesome as you allowed God’s hand to move you forward. Blessings.

9. Karen Beymer says:

Oh my “Only Jesus” , just put a great big smile on my face!
    Thanks Sophie!

10. Kathy Spann says:

Ordered Kelly’s book on your recommendation while I was on vacation in Oregon. Had it waiting at the post office. Can’t wait to start it after, the laundry, bill paying, and so on.
    Read your first book , passed it on to my mother, she loved it too! Have now passed it on to my BFF. Waiting , waiting for number 2 book from you , and I love the cover. I’m a southern girl, too and it just speaks to me. The title of your first book was a saying that my grandmother used to say, and it brought back such sweet memories of her kitchen. Do you write like you talk?

11. Kim from GA says:

We miss you too, Sophie! I’m anxiously awaiting the release of your next book, so I’m willing to cut you a little slack in the blogging department. LOL. I’ll continue to send prayers your way that you’ll be able to find the peace you need to juggle writing, parenting and teaching. God bless you.

12. Sophie, you are loved and missed! Praying for you as you are on the home stretch of the book. And Kelly’s book??? I’m about half way through it and it’s all you said and more.

Love you sweet friend. Get that book done so you can enjoy football in just a very few weeks!!!

GO GATORS!!!!

SIC ‘EM, BEARS!!!!!

13. My husband and I found the Oh Hellos through you and we went to a concert last month in Mpls. We were in the front row and almost got stuck in the face by the bow of the guy playing the violin a few different times. :) They were so, so good! If you have an opportunity to see them in concert, take it! You will not be disappointed! Oh and the opening band was called Judah and the Lion and they were really good too!

14. Your book cover is BEAUTIFUL and inviting. I cannot wait to read it. HURRY UP! (grin)

15. Oh, my! I have missed you! I LOVE your book cover and the title!! Can’t wait to read it!! You are coming to Cincinnati, OH for a book signing, aren’t you? wink ;), wink;)

16. I finally got your FIRST book just last week! I hope to find the time to actually read it soon. Otherwise, I’ll be very behind.

17. I so want to take credit for your fondness for the Oh Hellos. Last year (late summer, early fall?) I recommended them here on one of your music posts and since you hadn’t mentioned them before, I’m just pretending you listened to them on that rec. They are so, so good. I’ve seen them three times now, including at a house concert a few days after Christmas and they are all just as lovely in person. And super talented. They’re going to be playing near me again Labor Day weekend and I can’t wait to hear this new song in person!!
    Also am very much looking forward to your new book!

18. I also was up at 2 a.m. because my iRobot vacuum cleaner decided to do a little cleaning all on it’s own in the middle of the night. I suspect that my bulldog sets it by sniffing it, but have not actually caught her doing it. My husband, in his sleep-interrupted delirium, must have set it a few more times instead of actually turning it off. When it started the 3rd time, I felt for the safety of the iRobot, I needed to get up and deal with it or my husband cause it harm. And once I’m out of bed, I’m up! However, I persevered and fell back to sleep sometime after 4 a.m. only to be woken by the alarm at 6:30 to let me know I made an appointment to go to Pure Barre. yay.

19. I love the cover of your new book and the title! The title resonates with me!!! :) Can not wait to read it. Blessings on your week!

20. Wow! I stinkin’ love that new Oh Hellos song, “Dear Wormwood”! The “Screwtape Letters” turned my perspective on spiritual warfare upside down. Anyone know what they’re saying in the last few lines of the song though? It’s new enough that I haven’t found the lyrics posted anywhere. I think it’s something like this, but I’m not sure:

I have always known you
    You have always been there in my mind
    But now I understand you
    And I will not be part of your designs

Cause I know who I am now
    And all that you’ve made of me
    I know who you are now
    I’ve laid low my enemy

And I know who I am now
    I know who I want to be
    I want to be whole there
    This devil inside of me

21. Lynda Morstain says:

LOVE the book cover! Can’t wait to read it!! My mom & I both enjoyed your first one SO MUCH! Praying for smooth writing & sleep! I just turned 50 Sunday & there are aspects of 40′s that I’m glad to see gone…one being the horrible sleep patterns. Good luck!

22. I have played the YouTube of Jesus, Only Jesus about fifty times and downloaded the song. So, so good. Thank you for sharing this!!

23. Melita Tomlinson says:

I think I have a new favorite song! “Jesus, Only Jesus” is awesome! I felt like I was in heaven listening to angels singing. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Can’t wait for you new book!

Oh, and GO DAWGS!!!

24. I just recently found you on The Pioneer Woman blog under the music tab of all places.
    I saw your post (They’ll Put a Little Spring in Your Step) that included Rivers in the Wasteland- NEEDTOBREATHE and I can’t get enough!! I just wanted to thank you. I’m starting to find more of your recommendations and I’m so happy!! =)

25. CAN. NOT. WAIT. for your new book. I have read your first one 3 times. :)

Also, just wanted to say that I miss you and all of your words. I hope your summer has been great with your man and your boy and your dog.

26. I loved your first book and cannot wait to read this one!

27. Rosanne Green says:

Is it done yet? Is it done yet? Is it done yet? Reading your first book now and loving.

28. I am joining the others in saying that I am so excited to read the new book! I love the cover!

Trackbacks

1. […] other news, I realized last week that BooMama is writing another book and I was totally excited about this piece of […]