In no particular order:
1. I finished writing the book, OH HALLELUJAH.
2. Now I’m editing the book – and about four chapters from the end.
3. The editing process is my favorite part – I LOVE IT SO.
4. This time around, though, I have been a little emotional during editing.
5. And by “a little,” I mean, “CAN SOMEONE PLEASE GET ME SOME TISSUES?”
6. Alex is playing football this year.
7. In the past I kind of decided that I just wasn’t much of a sports mama, that I wasn’t nearly as obsessed with whatever he was playing as I thought I would be.
8. Make no mistake: FOOTBALL HAS CHANGED ALL OF THAT.
9. What makes it the most fun, though, is how much our little guy loves his team. There’s kind of a neat story about all of that, but I think I’ll wait until the end of the season and maybe let Alex tell it. David and I have been so proud of him.
10. Friday afternoon I drove to Memphis and went to Living Proof Live with Emma Kate.
11. I can’t even write about it yet. But it was a special time.
12. We also got to have lunch yesterday with my brother, sister-in-law, and nephews, and it was hysterical.
13. I went to sleep at 10 last night and then slept for two hours this afternoon, so I think I’ve recovered from my quick little trip.
14. It’s the Green Chile Festival at Chuy’s right now, and I would just like to wholeheartedly recommend the Beef Fajita Flautas if you happen to go to a Chuy’s before the festival thingie is over.
15. They are seriously delicious.
16. SEC football starts this week, so obviously my days will have renewed zeal and purpose.
17. I haven’t gotten to watch the SEC Network nearly as much as I’d like, but as soon as I finish these edits, I will be ALL OVER IT.
Oh, it is so good.
19. Back-to-school has been great. I am loving my “new” job (same place – just a different role), and the fifth grader is happy as can be. David will probably be glad when I figure out how to plan a week’s worth of meals again, but between work and writing, the culinary side of things has suffered.
20. Hazel is adjusting to the school routine. She is still the longest dog I have ever seen. And while I was in Memphis Friday night, she somehow grabbed a blue pen off my nightstand and painted her toenails. David sent me this picture.
21. My friend Lindsay posted this video on Facebook earlier tonight, and it’s still just as delightful as it was back in the 80s.
22. I’ll be back in a couple of days – hopefully to say that edits are finished and I am about to watch so much college football, OH MY WORD.
Thanks for being so patient, y’all!