Back In Birmingham & Book Signing Dates

You know how there are some days when it seems like you catch up on every phone conversation you’ve been meaning to have for pretty much forever?

THAT WAS MY MONDAY.

It wasn’t even intentional. But by 9 o’clock tonight I realized that I had at least six longer-than-usual phone conversations today, and my inner extrovert feels just as accomplished as it can be.

Naturally this means that tomorrow I’ll need to read in solitude for several hours before I go sit by myself in Starbucks and catch up on my journal writing.

Being equal parts introvert and extrovert is no joke, my friends.

Alex and I got back to Birmingham this afternoon around 3:30 or so (David drove back yesterday because he had to work today), and I have to say that one of the very best parts of my day was reuniting with Hazel. I missed her LIKE CRAZY while I was in Mississippi, and she was so happy to see me this afternoon that after she’d jumped and whimpered for several minutes, she finally just squatted in the middle of the breakfast room and tee-teed.

Oh, she is a charmer.

But I am very happy to report that this time around I didn’t slip and fall.

So. Hazel and I are currently sitting side-by-side while I try not to fall asleep, and Alex just went to bed, and David is watching something-or-other on TV. There’s a pile of clean laundry on the guest room bed that needs to be folded, and the only thing is in this house that I can fix for breakfast in the morning is what’s left of a bag of frozen biscuits. I need to plan some meals, I need to go to the grocery store, and heaven knows that I need to fold some clothes.

But oh my word it is so nice to be home.

And if home in and of itself weren’t enough, the sunset flat-out showed out tonight. It was so pretty that I cried.

Twice.

Screen Shot 2015-01-19 at 9.48.27 PM

I just kept looking up at the sky and thinking, No matter what we’re facing in life – God is greater.

It’s good to remember that. Especially when my wandering heart can be so prone to forget.

Anyway. I didn’t mean to go off on such a tangent, because the real reason I sat down to write this post was to pass along some information about book signings. I could make it sound all fancy and say, “Since so many of you have asked, I thought I’d pass along book signing info,” but the fact of the matter is that only about four of you have asked. However, YOU FOUR PEOPLE NEED TO KNOW.

So here’s what I have scheduled so far:

Wednesday, February 4th – The Liberty Shop, Meridian, MS – 3:00-5:30pm
Thursday, February 5th – Lemuria Bookstore, Jackson, MS – 4:00-6:00pm
Saturday, February 7th – LifeWay Store @ Lee Branch, Birmingham, AL – 12:00-2:00pm
Saturday, February 14th – LifeWay Store, Franklin, TN – 12:00-2:00pm

I also have a couple of out-of-state speaking things this spring, and I imagine I’ll be signing books there, too:

March 1, 2015 – North Monroe Baptist Church Women’s Event – Monroe, LA
March 28, 2015 – First Baptist Church Women’s Event – Collinsville, MS
April 21, 2015 – BLOOM at Crossroads Baptist Church – The Woodlands, TX

I’ll keep y’all posted if I add some more dates; I’d like to get up to north Mississippi / Memphis sometime in March, but I don’t have all the details nailed down yet.

So that’s all the news I have. Except that I think it might be good to look at that sunset picture ONE more time because OH, THE PRETTY.

Screen Shot 2015-01-19 at 9.48.27 PM

In the middle of all this book stuff, which to be honest can be a little overwhelming, that sky is a big ole dose of perspective.

He is greater.

And I’m so glad.

Comments

1. So excited about your book signing at Lee Branch. I will definitely be coming especially since I only live up the mountain in Chelsea. Super excited!

2. So excited to get your book – today! His majesty is proclaimed in that sunset! Thanks for sharing. Praying for you as your book comes out; wish you were coming to Oklahoma for a book signing or two.

3. Missy Bush says:

Wish I could come to a book signing too, I’m in Louisville, but I will enjoy very much reading the book. The sunset is a good reminder that we’re never alone, God is always with us. I love the song by Lady Antebellum, “Never Alone”. It reminds me of all the good things in life including God’s grace. Have a good day, I’m gonna hug my people and send prayers your way.

4. Thank you so much for the reminder that God is bigger than whatever we are facing! I so needed that today! More than you know!!!! Blessings! Cannot wait to read your new book!!!!

5. I bought your book yesterday at Briarwood’s bookstore. I’m enjoying it so much! I’m half way through and can’t wait to pick it up again this morning. Enjoy your day!

6. Jeannie S says:

I’ve been lurking on your site for a while, good lurking….Congratulations on your new book! I was so excited to see you will be in The Woodlands, TX, I live next door in Magnolia and hope to come! Blessings!

7. Picture coming upon a body, eyes squeezed tightly closed, tears streaming, body silently shaking, emitting occasional gasps for air. Preparing to call 911, you ask, “Are you ok? ” respondant only shakes head, gasps again, holds out her Kindle, pointing to text of Home…. I have to go back and read again as my concentration was often broken by prolonged fits of silent laughter. Ah, God and His endless, bountiful, generous grace. I’m so thankful He can make us new (and gave us laughter when life reminds us we need His solace.)

8. The book is wonderful – funny, authentic, touching, thought provoking, encouraging and a whole lot of other -ing type adjectives. The preorder came through on the kindle on Friday, and I finished the book Sunday afternoon (as the state of my messy house can attest).

9. Ann in Maryland says:

Hazel is just so thrilled to see her Mama again!

Beautiful sunset. I’m always amazed at the beauty God puts on display for us every day — and it’s free so everyone can enjoy it.

Sounds like the book signings are going well. Can’t wait to read your new book!

10. Megan Bryant says:

I would like to cordially invite you to Knoxville! We would love to have you. If you’ve never been, you’ll love it! And I would love to meet you

11. Love your honesty. Love your humility. So thankful I found your blog. :) :)

12. Faith Bowe says:

Please come to Georgia, Atlanta area to be specific!! I live in Cumming, GA (about 60 miles NE of Atlanta) but I would drive to come see you! Thanks!!

13. Laura Leseberg says:

As a now-retired military wife, I so relate to your book. I read the first [freebie] chapter and now must order a hard copy so that I can loan it out to my friends. You totally captured it. I’ve now lived in the same area for 17 years (!) and can relate to seeing people you know, everywhere I go.

14. Boo you did it again, you captured my thoughts when looking at a sunset or sunrise.
    We’ve had a tumultuous weekend & the words “No matter what we’re facing in life-God IS greater” are just perfect.
    Thanks you.

15. Unfortunately, I’m waaaay out here in California so will miss your book signings. Love the sunset picture and the caption you gave it. I hope to remember that for my own sunsets.

16. Kathleen G says:

Everytime I see the beautiful sunset in Phoenix, I feel blessed. I had a dog like Hazel that tee tee when he was happy:-) So excited for you Boomama on your new book tour. Bigmama and Pioneer Woman is doing a Boomama book giveaway too! Kathleen in Az

17. That sunset last night? Oh my word, it had us chasing it like crazy people until it greyed out and all we could do was sigh and say, “Thank You”.

“Prone to wander, Lord I feel it; prone to leave the God I love; here’s my heart, O take and seal it; seal it for Thy courts above”. One of my favorite and (sadly) most needed stanzas. Maybe one year Mama Beth could do a hymn verse memorization coupled with the verse. How powerful!

18. OMG the Woodlands is about 40 minutes from me!!!
    I would LOVE to come over to meet you and get an autographed book, but I will be leaving for Israel the next day! I will need to be home with my people every second the week prior to my departure so I better not attempt to sneak over! I am so bummed! I loved the first chapter so much and can’t wait to finish the whole thing! Have a blast traveling around this great country!

19. I had a big surprise when on Sunday afternoon, the mail truck came to my house (I didn’t know they would deliver an Amazon order on Sunday). Well, it was just what I needed. Your book was in an envelope on my front porch and I’ve been stealing time to read it while I’m having my bathroom remodeled. Your message was just what I needed and I’ve laughed and cried (laughed a lot more than cried so that’s good!). I think one if the funniest things was about your Mr. Potato Head car. I can just hear you telling the stories since I listen to your podcasts with Melanie. You are so talented and this book really speaks to my heart. It’s just what The Lord knew I needed this week. Thank you!

20. Oh my goodness…I just happened upon you for the first time through The Pioneer Woman. I love your blog and will be adding it to my morning breakfast “surfing the net” agenda! Congrats on your new book. I will definitely be reading it.

21. You never cease to make me smile and feel like I’ve just heard from a cherished girlfriend. Hope you have a blessed day!

22. Samantha Fikes says:

That is sume truth to hold onto! He is Greater! Yes ma’am.
    Thanks for the reminder along with all the pretty.

23. Stephanie Walsh says:

would love one signed for Jillian M and sending to her in AU! Her Mom and I are kindred spirits! Just started my own copy today, LOVIN EVERY MINUTE OF IT, owww owww

24. Rare male reader here (am I the only one??)…and just bought your book for my mom’s birthday. Couldn’t help cheating and reading a few chapters (was afraid she’d be able to tell if I read the whole thing) and I know she’ll love it. Plan to bring it for some signage when you come to Meridian. You can’t miss me as I feel I’ll be the only bald head in the crowd.

25. Bless you…I think I am going to like your books…ordering one today!

26. Julia Sullivan says:

Monroe? As in Monroe, Louisiana??? You’ve got to be kidding me! Looks like it’s my lucky day!
    YA & HOO! I will be there- and I will bring a book for you to sign too :-)
    I heard about/found you through my friend Edie :-)
    Looking forward to it :-)

27. Yes! Please come to Tupelo! :)

28. I wish you would make it up here to New England for a book signing! I adore you and cannot wait to read Home is Where My People Are! I just ordered it, but unfortunately Amazon just informed me it will arrive later than I planned because of the blizzard!

29. Franklin, TN?! Looks like moving to the south turned out to be (somewhat) worthwhile if it means I can go to another of your book signings. I’m sure my husband will be delighted to see you on Valentine’s Day. ;-)

30. Tuscaloosa, Tuscaloosa!! If at all possible, please and thank you.

Trackbacks

1. […] signings start next week (there’s a list right here), and I can’t wait! My lifelong friend Merritt (her real name is Marion, but all of our […]