Witty Title Goes Here

No kidding. This morning I re-read my post about my new contact lenses, and my first thought was, Well, congratulations. You have officially outdone yourself in the Have Mercy, Mamaw department.

I mean, seriously. I know that vision does crazy things in the 40s, but that post sounded like I was about to get all the way wound up and offer you some tips about dealing with pesky bursitis or optimizing your daily intake of Matlock reruns.

Now I feel like I need to balance things out and talk about the latest installment of The Bachelorette and maybe analyze some T. Swift lyrics for good measure.

For what it’s worth, I’ve given up on The Bachelorette for the time being, but I will be more than happy to devote some time to the aforementioned lyrics. Because while I may be at a point in my life when I need multifocal contacts, I can still BREAK IT ON DOWN with some T. Swift.

I am understandably proud.

All righty. Here are some items and things and thoughts I wanted to share.

– Hey everybody Mindy Kaling got a bob.

Screen Shot 2015-06-04 at 9.11.52 PM

I don’t really have anything to add except that I think she’s darlin’. And as someone who hasn’t had hair past her shoulders since the mid-80s, I’m always excited when someone gets a new bob and it looks this cute.

– You know how I love the Urban Decay Naked Basics eye shadow palette? Well, there’s a new Urban Decay Naked Smoky palette coming out in July, and THE INTERWEB IS ABUZZ.

Screen Shot 2015-06-04 at 9.25.29 PM

Seriously. Google it. You will not believe the enthusiasm. I of course will not be able to participate in any of the smoky palette festivities because super dark eyeshadow just makes me look like I’ve been in a fight or maybe even like I’m preparing to play the villain in a Disney cartoon. However, I think all of you people who can pull off a smoky eye will have huge success with this palette. And also, when did we all get together and decide that eyeshadow is THE BUSINESS?

– For some reason this song didn’t stay on my radar when it was released last year, but I heard it again the other day and wondered why I hadn’t listened to it approximately 400 times over the last few months (which, honestly, have not exactly been a cakewalk). The lyrics make me smile like crazy, and while it might sound a little strange for me to say that a song is super encouraging, this one certainly is.

– What’s this? An actual Lifetime movie starring Will Ferrell and Kristen Wiig?

Screen Shot 2015-06-04 at 10.34.31 PM

BELIEVE I WILL.

Happy Weekend, everybody!

Comments

1. I hear ya’ on the smokey eye!!!! I’ve always been envious of those who can do it. I’m very fair too and I think I look like heroin fiend. It’s not a pretty look on me. AT ALL.

2. Tina Thunell says:

I am with you on the smokey eye. I just can’t do it. My husband says my skin color is ghost. Iso not a good look for me. Love urban decay though. Completely off topic, how is Martha? We have not had a Martha story in a while, and I miss them.

3. I love that song! It IS so encouraging and makes me want to dance in His goodness!

4. Missy Bush says:

I loved your post about your new contacts. I laughed out loud, but I am 10 years older than you are, so maybe that “Have Mercy Mamaw” stuff is where I am….it was fun. Also, I did not realize that eyeshadow was “the business” until my daughters (23 and 25) let me in on that secret….so is eyebrow pencil, who knew…I guess I am officially at the point of “Have Mercy Mamaw”. Thanks for your post. It starts my day off right.

5. Missey Marsh says:

Have you tried the new loreal palettes ? They are amazing. Very similar to the urban decay.

6. Valerie says:

I love that song!

7. Jennifer says:

Of course I went to put that lifetime movie in my iPhone calendar and I couldn’t! Is it Saturday June 20 or Sunday June 21?! The world wants to know!

• Sophie says:

It’s Saturday June 20th according to the article…and wouldn’t you hate to be the person who got the date wrong for the poster? :-)

8. Thanks for the Song by Mercy Me. I needed that today. :)

9. Love Mindy’s bob! I am of the bob wearer’s too. I love MercyMe’s newest release! So many good songs. Have you heard Wishful Thinking yet? I love, love, love that one!!

“Lord is it possible to get this far and just now understand who You are? Feeling foolish yet relieved as well. Because what I bought before I just can’t sell. Now my eyes are open wide. If this is wrong then I don’t want to be right. Could it be on that my worst day, how you love me still will not change? What if it’s really not about what I do but what You did? This ain’t wishful thinking…it’s just how it is.”

10. inlive the new Urban Decay line! Unfortunately for me, I won’t be using it because I can’t do a smoky eye. Last time I tried, someone asked who gave me the black eye.

11. I, for one, would welcome a post about dealing with pesky bursitis! I have got a raging case in my right shoulder and it has took and rurnt my ability to get a full night’s sleep. Just plumb rurnt it.

12. Jennifer says:

We love that MercyMe song at our house! We crank the radio EVERYTIME!! It definitely brings on the smiles and good mood! Several months ago my 8-year-old son and I talked our way through the song so he understood what we’re singing about–the whole in the world ,of the world lingo. Powerful message for an 8-year-old to understand and live by!

13. I enjoyed the post!!! Fun and interesting too.

14. P.s. I love the title of this post!

15. That Mercy Me song is my 2 year old’s favorite song in the world. And we have listened to it 400 times in the past few months! She calls it “Man Song” because of the man in the video :)

16. Karen Clark says:

my fav song! Have mercy, mamaw! Lol

17. I can’t do smokey eye either….never been able too and will never attempt it (again…lol). I honestly don’t know how some can pull it off… just the right eye color? just the right hair color? just the right bone structure?! i can’t even…

and LOVE that song, too!!

18. The first time I heard Greater, I cried. Then I heard Bart Millard (lead singer) talking about his son (who stutters) and how he uses the lyrics of this song when he gets teased, I LOST IT. I still get teary thinking about it. I have this on every play list from my running one to my dance in the living room like no one is watching list!

My new favorite one is Flawless by Mercy Me. SUCH GREAT LYRICS. No matter the bumps, no matter the bruises, no matter the scars, the Cross has made you FLAWLESS.

And the video is amazing too!

19. Greater is my current turn-up-the-radio-and-rock song. I love it!