The Big Boo Cast, Episode 58

bigboographic

I think I can sum up this podcast nicely by telling you that we start off with a discussion about grackles and then move into a discussion about breakfast tacos. As you do.

We also talk about cooking, the Downton Abbey series finale, what’s in style this spring, and how some part of our personalities rebels against rigid organizational systems.

There is nary a mention of mascara, our hair, or Amy Grant.

We will try to do better next time.

You can click here to listen. Or here. You can even listen right here on the blog.

Or, as always, you can subscribe on iTunes if you’re feeling particularly fancy.

Just FYI – here’s where you can get more info on the products / places we mention (these aren’t affiliate links – just regular ole links):

Grackles (who knew?)

Favor Delivery

Burpy

Giada’s Chicken Parmesan

Pioneer Woman’s Chicken Fried Steak with Gravy

Downtown Abbey series finale

Highclere Castle

Doc Martin on Hulu

Hope y’all enjoy it!

Comments

1. JennyJoT says:

I can’t BELIEVE y’all talked about grackles! Just the other day, I was telling my husband about three sisters who were named for birds. I told him one was Robin, one was Dove, and… I couldn’t think of the other one’s name. Hubby, who is a wildlife biologist, suggested, “Grackle?” Cracked us both up!

2. Ann in Maryland says:

I love these podcasts so much! Thank you for doing them.

Since you all shared some new music with us on the last podcast, I’d like to share this with you. One of my young relatives told me about this singer, and she is so good, she gives me goose bumps! Of course, y’all have probably already heard about her, but I’m going to go ahead and leave this link. Hope you like and I hope the link works!

3. Yolanda McLean says:

I’m going to need y’all to do these podcasts more often. I’ve listened to every single one and I just started listening to podcasts last summer, so I went way back! I have taken to listening to Sword and Scale true crime podcasts and they are way too serious. I need some easy girlfriend chat to listen to. So, I know that y’all talk on the phone a lot – so what I’m going to tell you is that you need to hit record more often. K?

4. What was the necklace you mentioned having bought a third of?

5. Melanie says:

Enjoyed the podcast, as usual. When a new one comes out, I save it for when the weather is nice and I take a long walk.
    Y’all mentioned the KonMari system of organizing. I think the Nester is the one who wrote about it and used the gathering pens example. It really does make sense, in a way.

6. Love your podcasts! They make me so happy! Anyway, I’m going to bother you with a another question. Where do you and Melanie find those nice long tops you referred to? The ones that work for your speaking engagements?? Not that I have any speaking engagements – they just sound like something that might work for me. Thanks so much!!

7. Sophie – I’m copying what I just sent to Melanie – I think you’ll LOVE this series:
    You MUST watch Doc Martin. The characters are quirky and wonderful – so British and funny. Very cleverly written. It’s a binge watcher. I’m into Season 7 on PBS. It took a couple of episodes for me to get hooked but that’s usually the case. Now I’m into it.

8. Kimberley Key says:

ending with the Downton Abbey theme song MADE.MY.DAY!!! i got so tickled!!!

9. This was my very first podcast and I am hooked!! I’ve read a few of Melanie’s books & I follow her blog, but this was my first introduction to you, Sophie! I love the friendship you girls have found in each other! As a fairly new blogger, I am encouraged by your podcast/blogs.
    My favorite part was that Chris Madrids delivers!! My Dad lives in San Antonio and Chris Madrids is one of our favorite stops!! We live near Dallas & if Chris Madrids would deliver here, my day would be made!!

10. Carolyn Williams says:

If you havent watched Nurse Jackie I think you should try that. All 7 seasons on Netflix. Give it 3 or 4 episodes however i was hooked from the beginning. Its a 30 minute show so you can plow through them pretty fast.