The Big Boo Cast, Episode 59

bigboographic

We had to record this podcast in two installments, but by diggity we got ‘er done. We spent the first installment marveling over Melanie’s fancy new microphone, digging into my significant obsession with Hamilton, and then discussing the recent baseball match-up between Mississippi State and Texas A&M.

It’s fair to say that the Aggies enjoyed some baseball dominance in Starkville.

In the second installment we talk about Hazel and Mabel, our summer Birkenstocks, my new favorite lipstick, and Melanie’s dream curling iron.

So basically this is all the hard-hitting news you’ve come to expect from us.

I also accidentally deleted a phrase around the 4:50 mark, but I didn’t catch it until I had finished editing the whole thing, so AS-IS, people. This one is coming to you AS-IS.

You can click here to listen. Or here. You can even listen right here on the blog.

Or, as always, you can subscribe on iTunes if you’re feeling particularly fancy.

Just FYI – here’s where you can get more info on the products / places we mention (these aren’t affiliate links – just regular ole links):

Alexander Hamilton – Just You Wait, Just You Wait

Summer Birkenstocks

Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Rapture

NYX Matte Lipstick in Natural

An Assortment of Rompers

Justin Timberlake’s Master Class (there’s a little language – just FYI)

The BeachWaver

J Murdock Photography

Carry On, San Vicente by Dave Barnes

Hope y’all enjoy it!

Comments

1. JoEllen says:

Hey Sophie! I went to preorder your new book but Amazon did not have it up for kindle. Will it be released on kindle?

2. Melissa H says:

I had not heard about Hamilton. I am feeling inspired to read it this summer. Have you read Washington yet?

3. Sherri Cox says:

I am THRILLED. THRILLED that your books will be available on audio soon. My favorite new pastime is listening to books but I can’t keep my eyes open to read after I get 3 little ones to bed. Thank you so much for enduring the airless booth!

4. Lisa-pie says:

Hello Sophie,
    Thank you for recommending Hamilton. I bought the soundtrack immediately after listening to the podcast, and it is everything that you said, and more! A side benefit: my walks have gotten longer, thanks to Hamilton, because I don’t want to pause in the middle of the performance. My fat. er fitness, thanks you!
    Can’t wait for Giddy Up, Eunice, and the companionship of your audio books!
    It is always a pleasure to “spend time” with you!

5. Chrissy says:

Sophie, you expressed how I feel about Hamilton perfectly!!!

6. Sarah Beth says:

Sophie! I am obsessed with Hamilton, and I found myself raising my hand to the Lord as you were describing the soundtrack so passionately. My Nerd realllllly came out in me when you were talking about how you had to “take a break” from the soundtrack around Christmas, and instantly I could hear Eliza singing ‘Take a Break” to Alexander.

7. Lisa Bingham says:

Thank you Thank you for the podcast! They bring me a crazy amount of joy and I so look forward to each one!!! I have the navy Birkenstocks on their way from Nordstrom’s!

8. Ann in Maryland says:

Thank you for the Boocast! Enjoyed it as always. I’m looking forward to reading Giddy up, Eunice. I read your other two books too, and really enjoyed them!

I also had my doubts about Hamilton, but after hearing your praise, I may give it a chance.

And let me just say, I was as surprised as Melanie at how grown-up Alex sounded. Wow! The time…..it is flying!

9. My need to maintain my pride has been overwhelmed by my need to know: how did the lash serum work for you? Did you keep it or sell it back to Big Mama?

10. Sophie, I must admit I’m a recent and new fan of the podcast, and can I even FIND the words to tell you how much I’m loving it, no I can not. Insanely fun and fresh might be in the running but it would have to be expressed to the power of ten. Ladies Boo and Mama, you made my day… and I listened twice. In a row. I’m a goner.

11. Sophie – I love your podcasts always! Wouldn’t miss them. I hope you post about the Birkenstocks you and Melanie bought. Orange and hot pink sound like what I want for summer! Thanks for all you two do. I’m preordering your book also.