1. The Cheez-It box has been redesigned. New font and everything. I’m not sure how I feel about it.
2. We have lived in our current house for 8 1/2 years. That means it’s just about time to redecorate / repaint / etc. The problem is that there’s a whole lot of stuff I didn’t redecorate when we moved in. SO I AM TWO DECORATINGS BEHIND.
3. Yes, “decoratings” is a word or at least we will pretend that it is.
4. Hazel went to the vet for her check-up today. The vet said she needs to lose two pounds. TWO. I am so jealous of that. TWO POUNDS. She will totally hit her goal weight in a couple of weeks if she just gives up Cokes.
5. Hazel doesn’t really drink Coke.
6. She prefers Dr. Pepper.
7. Christy Nockels’ new album, Let It Be Jesus, is something really special.
8. There is a very real chance that Mississippi State isn’t going to make it to the SEC baseball tournament this year. My college baseball world has turned upside down.
9. However, my high school baseball world is just fine, thanks for asking. Monday night we went to see our high school team play in the state quarterfinals, and we won in extra innings. We also yelled our fool heads off. And the sky looked like this for a good part of the night, so that was another plus.
9. Mad Men only has three more episodes. I think it really may be my favorite TV show ever. The only other one that comes close is Friday Night Lights because Coach Taylor.
10. I have missed all the quirky judges on The Good Wife this season.
11. And speaking of The Good Wife, I’m not sure why Alicia had to go through all that State’s Attorney business, but maybe that’s a bigger discussion for a different time.
12. Yesterday I downloaded my first hidden object game in a while, a sure sign that my brain is gearing up (or winding down) for summer. Please feel free to pass along any hidden object game favorites (and now I feel like I need to scream “NERDS UNITE” or something like that).
13. Has anybody read The Girl on the Train? I keep looking at it and thinking about buying it for Kindle – but if it’s dark like Gone Girl I’d rather not.
14. Another question: does anybody have a good source for pre-made slipcovers? We have had a bad upholstery experience with the last sofa we bought, so I’d like to slipcover it since it’s a sofa that gets a lot of wear. I just want something super-simple with clean lines.
15. I have been sitting here for 25 minutes trying to think of a #15. I am the most boring person alive.
16. I sure am grateful for your patience when I’m not thinking in paragraphs.
17. My official Royal Baby prediction: a girl, born this Friday, named Elizabeth, but called Lisbet for short.
18. I have no idea how I developed that theory.
19. Runner-up name: Alice. And please feel free to share your predictions, too.
20. I made it to #20. I’m calling that a win.