1. Tonight I took Alex to football practice in David’s Jeep. The top was off the Jeep because we are in a blessed stretch of pleasant, low-humidity weather (to God be the glory), and by the second stop light my hair looked a little something like this.
I just don’t have good Jeep hair, y’all. I didn’t when I was 14, and I don’t now, and next time I’m totally tying a big scarf around my head like Shirley MacLaine in Terms of Endearment, the end.
2. If my listening habits are any indication, I’m trying to set a record for how many times someone can play this song in a three-day period.
3. This popped up on our DVR the other night. And I mean this in all sincerity, children of the 80s and 90s: IS THERE ANYTHING BETTER IN THE HISTORY OF CINEMA?
I think not.
4. This book right here? Reading it over the course of this summer has been like a balm to me. HIGHLY RECOMMEND.
Exactly what my heart and soul needed.
5. Nine days, y’all. Nine days.
Thanks for being patient in the midst of our back-to-school / back-to-work / general run-of-the-mill crazy. Hope y’all are having a great week!